5.16.2011

Day 8: Eating out

Every time I eat out it gets extremely difficult to find a place that's different, cheap, asian, and good. The last two times I ate out was at Mhan Chung. It's not that I'm tired of going there but I need new places to eat.

So, today mom and I went to run errands and we finally found El Ñaqui. El Ñaqui is a truck that makes casual gourmet food on wheels. I had read about it on the paper and thought "Finally, a truck that serves good quality food at cheap prices". It's not your typical El Churry sandwich(not that I have anything against it). El Ñaqui offers a small menu but everything looks delicious and different.
  

The make ñaquis which is basically a sandwich in 'pan sobao'. I had 2 ñaquis and a coke for $7.75.
menu

Mine was a chicken ñaqui. It is korean style chicken with onions, cucumber relish, ñaqui sauce, and shoestring potatoes in pan sobao bun. TO DIE FOR! You can't get more BoricuKorean than that. I'm not a fan of cucumbers but here it worked. The freshness of the cucumber goes well with the korean flavor of the chicken. It feels light! I like things spicy so I added extra tabasco sauce. It was so big that I only ate one! 

As soon as a finish my BoricuKorean Diet, I'm going back to eat their award winning ribs and guava chicken wings! It's a must!
chicken ñaqui

If you want to go to El Ñaqui, it is near Metro Office Park in Guaynabo, PR. They are located in a parking lot(yeay for parking)!


1 comment: