5.17.2011

Day 9: Bibimbap

Let's talk, Bibimbap! Bibimbap is basically the korean 'chinese fried rice' but interactive because you get to stir it. It's white rice and on top you have a bunch of veggies and meat and finish it off with sesame oil and red pepper paste. They bring it in a hot bowl and on top it has a raw egg. Since the bowl is still sizzling hot, the egg cooks when mixing all the veggies and meats with the rice.

I first tried it when sister attempted to cook it last summer and it was good but now that we have all the ingredients, it taste better. When I ordered it last year in NYC's Ktown, I found it bland and to big for me to eat it by myself. I made a few adjustment so that it would please our 'boricua' palate.

Chulbal! RECIPE TIME!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup of white short grain rice(cooked in a 2:1 ratio)
1 package of ground lean turkey meat
minced veggies for meat
1 tblsp of soy sauce
2 tsp of sesame oil
half of zucchini choped
2 carrots chopped
1 cup of mushrooms
Red Pepper Paste
Fried or raw egg

Directions:
1. In medium heat, cook meat veggies with spray PAM. After 4 mins, add turkey meat. Add soy sauce and sesame oil.


2. In the meantime, cook veggies in medium heat(spray PAM) separately with a lid to steam veggies so they cook faster.  Add salt for more flavor.

3. When all is cooked, serve cooked rice in a bowl. Add veggies, meat, red pepper paste, and sesame oil. (I fried my egg because if i did the raw egg in my bowl it wouldn't cook) 

4. Mix. Stir. Do it! There you have it! Easy!
Jalmukemsimnida!

It's a good hearty dish that can be eaten with kimchi(as every other korean food)!

No comments:

Post a Comment